In-Vehicle Driver Evaluation
In this course, your drivers practice an entire spectrum of techniques in a variety of real-world scenarios. Designed with coaching and feedback in mind, our in-depth driver evaluation can be tailored to meet the specific learning needs of your advanced drivers.
IVDE Road Tests Performance and Safety
Knowledge and Skill Set
What types of drivers benefit from IDVE?
Correct, well-practiced techniques and a deep-rooted commitment to safety make it possible for drivers to avoid any number of potential disasters. The concepts taught and performed in IVDE are relevant to all drivers, regardless of tenure, vehicle type, service performed, or geographic region.
The New Power Couple: IVDE and SDDC
IAPD’s Strategic Defensive Driving Course (SDDC) is a recommended pre-requisite to IVDE. SDDC focuses on both the skills and attitudes paramount to driving safety. IVDE extends that knowledge into a real-world practicum for learning that lasts.
- Proficient driver deportment
- Dynamics of driving
- Mechanics of driving
- Professional driving
- Air brake review
- Road hazard assessment
- Pre-trip inspection
- On-road driving
- Post-trip assessment
- Self-improvement plan
Critical Thinking Improves Outcomes
- A pre-learning assessment to identify individual learning needs.
- Six learning modules filled with carefully selected, tested, and validated instruction for strategic defensive driving.
- Example scenarios to model correct and incorrect performance and thinking.
- Practice activities to reinforce learning.
- Quizzes to gauge progress and highlight review opportunities.
- An on-road, in-vehicle driver evaluation.
- A post-learning assessment to verify concept mastery and achieve Proficient Defensive Driver status.